Global Shortcuts

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Mar 18 16:15:25 GMT 2008

On Monday 17 March 2008 21:02:08 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 17.03.08 20:58:28, Anders Lund wrote:
> > I believe somthing at kdelibs level that would detect and warn about and
> > offer to solve conflicts would be cool. It's just a question of designing
> > it so well that it does not feel too intrusive to the user.
>
> I actually was under the impression that the very reason to have a kded
> module for global shortcuts is so that you get notified when an apps
> registers and activates a global shortcut thats already taken by another
> app. If that doesn't happen its a serious design flaw/bug in the global
> shortcuts manager.

But... that wouldn't work for the Kate/Kopete example given.  The Kopete
shortcut is a global one, stealing Kate's internal one.  You can't expect the
kded module to keep track of _every_ internal shortcut of _every_ application
(what about the non-KDE applications - I don't want Kopete stealing a
shortcut I use in Firefox or Gobby or gvim or any of the other non-KDE apps I
use).

Alex

--
Pippin: Mr Welfare for the Pelican