Global Shortcuts

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Mar 17 21:39:25 GMT 2008

On Monday 17 March 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Yes, apparently there's some buginess in the global shortcuts behaviour.
> I completely agree that silently stealing the shortcut of another app is
> _really_ bad, that needs a dialog. However I completely oppose the idea
> of not allowing to enable global shortcuts via API in kdelibs.

I can't agree more :) My take is that since that is and shall be possible, we
need something on kdelibs level to help dealing with conflicts. Preferably
something that sincere application developers can work with.

> PS: I'm not using KDE4 as a desktop so I really haven't experienced
> these things (besides the serious problems that existed before the 4.0
> release wrt. kwin shortcuts)

Neither am I, embarrasingly I didn't come to peace with it yet.

--
Anders

www: http://www.alweb.dk
jabber: anderslund at jabber.dk