Global Shortcuts

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Mon Mar 17 19:15:52 GMT 2008

Am Montag 17 März 2008 19:59:23 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:

> > > Thats what a manual is written for.
> >
> > And exactly how would the manual know which keys are assigned? It isn't
> > like KDE manuals are allways up to date, and even if they were many
> > parties have the power to change defaults.
>
> Huh? The defaults are written by those who write the code and those
> people should make sure the manual is up-to-date. If distro's patch the
> app, they need to patch the manual as well else its simply a distro bug
> that needs fixing.
>
> Sure manuals are out of date often, but then again you don't change
> default shortcuts every other day either.

But to go look into the manual you have to have the idea there are global
shortcuts. Without anyone telling you when starting a application do you
expect a user ( even savy one able to use the app without reading the
documentation ) to go to the dokumentation to see what global shortcuts it
has?

Or even better do that on each and every update. The programmer could have
decided to change some of the global shortcuts.

Oh i know a better workflow. Expect users to open the global shortcuts
configuration dialog for each and every new application they started to look
for new/changed global shortcuts.

I want to be funny here. Not insulting. Non english speaker so i might fail.

Sorry. I have problems understanding that logic.

Mike

--
Michael Jansen
Available for contract work ( Development / Configuration Management )