Global Shortcuts

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 12:29:46 GMT 2008

Am Montag, 17. März 2008 13:22:16 schrieb Andreas Hartmetz:
> Am Montag, 17. März 2008 03:50:00 schrieb Michael Jansen:
> > Some ramblings over global shortcuts.
> > 4. I don't like having all shortcuts together in kglobalshortcutsrc. Call
> > it personal preference. I think the belong into the kxmlgui.rc file of
> > the application.
>
> You can "steal" shortcuts from other applications. This usually happens at
> the user's request. When the application from which you stole the shortcut
> isn't running you cannot save that decision. The idea seems to break here.
> It would have been nice to have indeed :(

Wait. We could just save this little fact (application foo's shortcut bar
was "stolen") in a global config file and apply it to the local configuration
file next time foo is started.
To be able to find clashes we'd *still* need to keep a global list of
shortcuts -but- we could make it have a lower priority than application
specific config files ("informative only"). So I think it could be done - it
also wouldn't be especially easy to do.

--
Sizzling weasels on a stick