KIO and named pipes

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Mar 17 09:33:52 GMT 2008

On Monday 17 March 2008, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Monday 17 March 2008 09:29:26 Will Stephenson wrote:
> > IIUC when copying a directory, there's a listRecursive() then each file is
> > get'ed individually.  This list must detect the mimetype allowing a chance
> > to skip the fifo.  What about when copying a single file?
>
> What if I want to copy the contents of the FIFO? (i.e., I have an application
> writing on the other side of the pipe)

I don't think that's the job of a file manager.
In other words, if you want to copy the contents of a FIFO, you would use
KIO::get in a specialized application, you wouldn't use a KIO::CopyJob.

Copying a file is supposed to give you an identical copy on the other end.
If there's no way to copy a named pipe then let's skip them in CopyJob.