Opinions about removing secpolicy from KDEAdmin

Gary Greene greeneg at tolharadys.net
Fri Mar 14 01:40:48 GMT 2008

On Thursday 13 March 2008 06:16:38 pm Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Thursday 13 March 2008 09:28:15 Nicolas Ternisien wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't know if you've already tested secpolicy application, located
> > in KDEAdmin, but this apps compiles and start correctly, but does
> > absolutely nothing apart reading PAM config files and display them in
> > a wrong order.
> >
> > I would like to have your confirmation about move it to
> > playground/sysadmin where it will be rewritten and improved by me or
> > someone else, for the next releases of KDE.
> >
> > I will do this move tomorrow or after-tomorrow if no answer or no
> > opinion about this. Please note that it is not packaged neither
> > Debian, nor Ubuntu.
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > Nicolas Ternisien (kdeadmin coordinator for people who forgot ;-)
>
> You're the coordinator. Go ahead and do it
> --
> Matt

Regarding this application, if other distros all used a similar setup for PAM,
you could obfuscate a bit more of the backend away from the user and generate
the needed PAM configuration files based off what the user wanted to do
instead of exposing the entire PAM stack to users as it shows.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from: peorth.tolharadys.net