'lightweight' QDir::isAbsolutePath replacement ?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Mar 11 10:38:54 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 11 March 2008 10:52:14 David Faure wrote:

> > >API additions are a big no-no though.
> >
> > We're talking about making an already-existing static function a lot
> > faster. I think it qualifies.
>
> Ralf said
> "The patch is appended. It adds
> static bool QFileInfo::isAbsolute(const QString &path);
> static bool QFileInfo::isRelative(const QString &path);
> [...]"
>
> That's new API, which can't go into qt-copy only if TT doesn't want it,
> otherwise KDE will never compile with official versions of Qt, that's what
> I meant. But apparently you guys at TT are okay with this patch so this
> isn't a problem, I was only replying to "qt-copy/patches is also for
> patches TT doesn't like": not if they add API.

That's because Ralf designed the patch like that. He didn't have to add new
API.

Anyways, I'm in the middle of testing the patch. Unfortunately, the QDir unit
tests we have did not work on my machine, so I needed to fix them in order to
get a baseline for comparison.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358