KDE Services Configuration

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Mar 10 13:54:44 GMT 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008, Michael Jansen wrote:
> I just commited that change. Please check and comment.

Seemed fine from a quick look.

> I would be particulary delighted if you could explain to me the purpose of kdedmodule.dektop.

Servicetype definition files define a servicetype (obviously), which is necessary for making trader queries with that servicetype.
But I think you're asking more particularly about the servicetype properties defined at the bottom of that file.
This defines the -type- of those properties (bool, int, string, stringlist etc.) so that KService::property(propertyName)
returns a QVariant of the right type. Otherwise you get the warning "Request for unknown property".
KService::property() is what is called by trader queries when adding a constraint on a property.