kdesu dialog

John Tapsell johnflux at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 14:29:33 GMT 2008

On 09/03/2008, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz> wrote:
> On Sunday 09 of March 2008, John Tapsell wrote:
>  > I never managed to get kdialog to become a transient dialog either.
>  > It just never seems to actually work.
>

>  Run e.g. 'kdialog --msgbox Hello --embed $WINDOWID' from Konsole.

This does work, hmm.

Doing echo $WINDOWID  returns 48234503  (for instance)  which in hex
is 0x2E00007

But running 'xprop' and clicking on konsole tells me
WM_CLIENT_LEADER(WINDOW): window id # 0x2e00002

Why is there this difference please?  If I run kdialog with the number
0x2E00002 instead (so
kdialog --msgbox Hello --embed 48234498 )    it doesn't become transient.

John