KDirModel with Node for top level URL

Christian Loose christian.loose at hamburg.de
Sun Mar 9 10:41:58 GMT 2008

Sebastian TrĂ¼g schrieb:
> If I understand correctly I have the IMHO perfect solution for you: For K3b I
> write the K3bMetaItemModel which wraps an arbitrary number of models in one
> tree. I use it to have multiple root nodes like "home dir", "/", or the
> mounted drives.
> Have a look here:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/multimedia/k3b/src/k3bmetaitemmodel.h?revision=766850&view=markup
>
> and here:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/multimedia/k3b/src/k3bplacesmodel.h?revision=766850&view=markup
>
> I hope this helps. I also think that the MetaModel would fit well into
> kdelibs.
>
> Cheers,
> Sebastian

Lets see if I understand this:

I would have a MyDirModel class derived from your K3bMetaItemModel
similar to your K3bPlacesModel. Then I would add a single KDirModel with
the addSubModel() method. The parameter "name" would be the name of the
root node, right? So passing url.path() would give me the desired result.

If this is correct, than you're right that it's the perfect solution for
me. What do others say?

Christian