'lightweight' QDir::isAbsolutePath replacement ?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Mar 7 23:25:04 GMT 2008

I agree with your approach. Best fix it in Qt. But otherwise:

On Friday 07 March 2008, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> If not, a kdelibs located implementation will be the next best option,
> maybe replaced later by a qt based implementation.

For this to be possible, I would recommend that any kdelibs-located implementation
is not made public, but is only used internally. Then we can speed stuff up without
having a redundant API relatively soon.
(Details: either it's only used in kdecore and it's not exported at all, or it's used all
over kdelibs and this can be done with a KDECORE_EXPORT and not installing the
header file defining the stuff).