Oxygen style bad drawing

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Fri Mar 7 19:44:00 GMT 2008

Hi all,

When going deeper into the WoC strategy applied to MVC, I ran into a problem
(Oxygen specific). I set a green background in purpose to check what was
going on:

http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/03/goyatest1.png

I was rendering with QWidget::render() method, and I wasn't setting the flag
QWidget::DrawWindowBackground. Note that a border is drawn, making a really
ugly effect.

I tried with other styles, and this didn't happen. For instance, Plastique:

http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/03/goyatest2.png

Then, I took a look to Oxygen's style code, and reached the point of the
method OxygenStyle::renderWindowBackground. That seems to be the root of the
problem. The attached patch "fixes" this problem. I guess we want this method
only for certain widgets (windows), so we probably should make a cast inside,
but I wasn't sure for which widgets we want the radial gradient. What is for
sure is that we don't want it for all widgets.

The attached patch produces something like:

http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/03/goyatest3.png

So is just to point here something to the oxygen style team.

Bye and thanks,
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070