'lightweight' QDir::isAbsolutePath replacement ?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Mar 6 18:16:04 GMT 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> The only static method Qt provides to handle this platform independent
> is QDir::isAbsolutePath(). Unfortunally this method seems to be very
> time expensive because it creates a temporary QDir instance.

just to support this point, when doing some profiling and optimization for
icon loading leading up to 4.0, this was at the very top of the profile in
the KIconLoader! just changing that to a "by hand" check knocked off a huge
chunk of the execution time (i forget the exact #s, i blogged about it
though; by the end it was something like a 5x speed up over all, though, and
this was a big part of that)

so if we could have something light weight in kdelibs that would be great.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se