Fwd: Global Shortcuts

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 18:03:13 GMT 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008 17:28:57 Michael Jansen wrote:
> On Thursday 06 March 2008 17:56:15 Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> > connect(
> >         foo, bar,
> >         baz, blah
> >        );
>
> Do the example correct
> connect(
>     this, SIGNAL()
>     that, SLOT()
>    )

You can do that in two lines:

connect(this, SIGNAL(),
             that, SLOT());

I think that would be more in keeping with the spirit of the style guidelines.

> > Q_FOREACH (blah, blarg) //it's not in a public header!
>
> Explanation please. Q_FOREACH is an macro. Alternatives?

foreach(blah, blarg)

Q_FOREACH is necessary for public headers because they have to compile with
the compile-time switch that disables the "foreach" alias.

> And judging from the code i stumbled over noone else in kde does to. I have
> se en each and every style possible. Included using tabs. That's the only
> coding style i care about. It's an absolute no.

There's some low-level efforts to unify the coding style in kdelibs, at least,
and I think many people take the view that kdebase should try to follow the
same rules, simply because it's so central to KDE.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org
Ubuntu/Kubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.org http://www.kubuntu.org