[PATCH] KBookmarks / fd.o desktop-bookmark-spec
nf2 at scheinwelt.at
Thu Mar 6 00:23:26 GMT 2008
The purpose of this would be sharing file-management shortcuts
(KFilePlacesModel) with other desktops. See:
What it does:
* stores the icon-name in metadata (owner="http://freedesktop.org")
instead of as an attribute of the bookmark tag. This seems more
conforming to XBEL. +)
* migration code for bookmark files where the icon is stored in the old
* store and retrieve the mime-type of bookmark items (according to the
desktop-bookmark-spec): new methods KBookmark::setMimeType() and
* use mime-type to pick the right icon (if no icon is specified).
* new public method to access metadata by owner: KBookmark::metaData()
* add xmlns: declarations when creating a new bookmarks document
+) The spec doesn't mention named icons in the metadata at the moment. I
believe this should be added to the spec.
* Introduces a new KBookmarkManager type: "external". In this mode
KBookmarkManager uses KDirWatch for change monitoring (rather than DBus).
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 18824 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the kde-core-devel