Call for help on inotify replacement for non-Linux

Flavio Castelli micron at bglug.it
Wed Mar 5 07:39:30 GMT 2008

On 03/03/2008 18.28, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Using QFileSystemWatcher. On the BSDs, you'll need to use kqueue. On Solaris,
> I have no idea.
Unfortunately kqueue isn't flexible enough, read this thread [1]

> That sounds like reimplementing both QFileSystemWatcher and KDirWatch.
>
> Best option here is to fold your modifications into KDirWatch and write the
> necessary implementations for other systems.
+1

I would like to point Sebastian also to this [2] discussion regarding
the usage of inotify and fam/gamin.
In short, Sebastian I recommend you to use KDirwWatch

Cheers
Flavio

[1]
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=38424+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2007/freebsd-fs/20070603.freebsd-fs