[RFC] KTextEdit inside KDialog

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jun 29 14:45:59 BST 2008

On 29.06.08 16:20:03, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> Dho!
> So about adding it in KTextEdit? as a second patch

Uhm, what do you mean? Just copying the code from QTextEdit is helping
nothing. That would still mean in the case of KTextEdit inside KDialog
you won't get a line-break, but only can create a new block (paragraph).
The only way to fix this that I can see is adding new API to disable the
forwarding of Ctrl+Enter to KDialog, but thats 4.2 material and this RFC
is exactly about wether thats something thats needed or not.

I guess I should've cc'ed kde-devel, doing so now.

So to kde-devel readers not subscribed to kde-core-devel: Are there any
developers that want a KTextEdit in a KDialog and still be able to hit
Ctrl+Enter/Return to insert a plain linebreak (i.e. <br /> in the html
output, instead of a new <p> thats created for a plain Enter/Return)? If
so I'll add API to enable that for KDE 4.2, else I'll just leave things
as they are and save the time for other things :)

Andreas

--
Just to have it is enough.