[RFC] KTextEdit inside KDialog

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jun 27 21:40:54 BST 2008

Hi,

I've just committed the right "fix" to make all the logic the two
widgets have for Ctrl+Return to actually work as expected. Now I'm
wondering wether it might be worthwhile to allow QTextEdit to actually
get the Ctrl+Enter event.

QTextEdit uses Ctrl+Return to insert plain line-breaks - as opposed to
paragraph breaks that are inserted with plain Return. I think there
might be use-cases where a KTextEdit user actually wants to allow to
produce line-breaks and paragraph breaks, i.e. later on fetch the
resutling HTML instead of plain text.

So would it make sense to have a property "allowPlainLineBreaks" on
KTextEdit which would forward Ctrl+Enter to QTextEdit instead of
ignoring the event (and thus propagating it to KDialog)?

Before starting an implementation I'd like to get people's opinion about
that.

Andreas

--
You may worry about your hair-do today, but tomorrow much peanut butter will
be sold.