hard-coded highlight color (was: Width of find/replace dialog in KWrite/Kate)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 18 22:22:59 BST 2008

On 18.06.08 16:16:54, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Chani wrote:
>>> I had never used this one, tried it now and it does seem useful, and not
>>> immediately irritating, but I could easily see it distracting some people.
>>
>> if only it wasn't hardcoded yellow...
>> I'm using a theme that happens to have a lot of yellow text in kate,
>> which chages this from irritating to unreadable.
>>
>> (yes, I probably should have reported this. bad Chani.)
>
> As you say, AFAIK it's currently hard-coded. TRTTD I think is to make it
> configurable along with the rest of kate's colors. Have you filed a bug
> and/or reported this to kwrite-devel yet?
>
> (kdevelop has the same problem highlighting symbols; not sure if that's
> the same mechanism.)

The various highlighting colors that KDevelop uses on top of kates
normal highlighting are hardcoded currently anyway.  This of course will
change long before we do a release, however there's more important stuff
to do right now :)

Andreas

--
Celebrate Hannibal Day this year.  Take an elephant to lunch.