[Reminder] KDE 4.1 Beta 2

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Mon Jun 16 23:12:14 BST 2008

On 2008-06-16, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 16 June 2008, Sune Vuorela wrote:
>> It fits svn r819867  currently, as uploaded over the weekend to
>> debian/experimental and still seems to work.
>
> Hmm ?
> When I remember correctly your patches still had the EXPORT-stuff, which I
> would strongly suggest not to use before KDE 4.2.
> Sorry to ask again, but could you please post again which patches you are
> currently using ?

For kdelibs it is:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-kde/branches/kde4/packages/kdelibs/debian/patches/97_use_imported_targets_with_cmake26.diff?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

which does use export-stuff with cmake2.6, but also have a kind of
legacy-mode.

On top of this, explicitly add the stuff that are used:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-kde/branches/kde4/packages/kdelibs/debian/patches/98_link_interface_libraries.diff?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

and setting some link interface libraries - this one might need to be
reviewed a bit, but basically it works.
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-kde/branches/kde4/packages/kdelibs/debian/patches/99_more_implicit_link_libs.diff?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

Most modules needs some patching of target link libraries to explicitly
add stuff used:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-kde/branches/kde4/packages/kdenetwork/debian/patches/97_fix_target_link_libraries.diff?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
(for kdenetwork)
and similar for other urls. It is probably easiset to check it out and
look it $module/debian/patches/9* rather than browse the web thingie.
All patches should apply with -p1.

svn co svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-kde/branches/kde4/

/Sune

(and if other people are following along at home wondering what else
debian is patching, well - it can be seen pr module in the
debian/patches dir)