Make KStyle honour KDE wide single-click behaviour

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 16 22:02:27 BST 2008

On 12.06.08 23:57:56, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 12 June 2008, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> > The real solution would be to create the KCD with
> > SkipMainComponentRegistration and make sure that all the calls that need a
> > main KCD can also be called on the local KCD, so that no KStyle code would
> > ever depend on the main KCD.
>
> This doesn't work well with KGlobalSettings::singleClick() which reads from KGlobal::config() :-)
>
> One solution then is to duplicate the readEntry, using m_componentData.config().group(...).readEntry(...)
> Doing this with SkipMainComponentRegistration is 100% safe, it's just a bit of information duplication.
>
> But I'd much rather have that than the checkKComponentData() + kstyleInstanceCount stuff.
> Let's keep it simple, it decreases the amount of bugs :)

Ok, I hope I understood everything correctly and the attached patch is
ok. Note that I didn't include the changes from Craig (except the
icons-on-pushbuttons) as those where using KIconLoader, which means
needing a lot more than just a config()->group().readEntry() to work
properly.

Anything I did wrong or may I commit?

Andreas

--
Don't kiss an elephant on the lips today.