QLabel in layout

John Tapsell johnflux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 11:38:26 BST 2008

Hey all,

  I have a QLabel in a vertical layout in my window along with a
custom plotting widget.  The text in the QLabel is updated twice a
second or so.

  The problem is that changing the text in the QLabel means that its
size is invalidated, which in turn invalidates the whole layout, which
in turn means that everything in the layout is repainted, including my
custom plotting widget.  This means that a full repaint is continually
requested in my custom plotting widget which is quite an expensive
operation.

  Is there any way around this?  The changing of size on the qlabel
shouldn't affect items above it in a vertical layout, but it does
anyway.

Thanks

John Tapsell