Escaping string arguments in i18n

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sun Jun 15 17:06:55 BST 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 02:36:10PM +0200, Chusslove Illich wrote:

> if the filename contains "<...>" substring, and it was not escaped
> before substitution, Qt will eat it. Similarly with external messages:

ah, *that*. :}
a halfways clean solution would be introducing explicitly auto-escaping
i18n variants (yay, even more of them). not sure though - it feels
somewhat wrong to have a function do two basically unrelated things.
otoh, it is *so* common ...
as to handling it on a case-by-case basis, i think a krazy check should
be reasonably simple to create.

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.