kwallet and QCA

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Sat Jun 14 19:21:25 BST 2008

On Saturday 14 June 2008, nf2 wrote:
> Michael Pyne wrote:

> > > That's the attitude i will never ever understand. Perhaps because i am
> > >
> > > an outsider to both "projects".
> >
> > Wait wait wait. You will never understand why developers do not want
> > to replace code which is working and well understood with code which
> > is untested and has a different interface?
>
> No, i meant this programming language "don't use/like" statement. I do
> understand some loyalty to KIO.

Well that has always been true since the dawn of time.  Even back in the 60s
people fought over FORTRAN vs. Lisp.  In the 80s it was Lisp and Smalltalk vs.
C.

You may not understand people's aversion to C (although I think I've tried to
explain it), and that's certainly not true of all KDE programmers in general
anyways.  But you should be able to understand that people have preferences
for programming language, and based on the fact that KDE is written in C++ it
shouldn't be hard to see that the developers it would tend to attract would
also like C++, or a high level binding.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne