Speeding up plotting widget

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Wed Jun 11 00:04:30 BST 2008

On Tuesday 10 June 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> 2.
> bitBlt the buffer over into the widget instead of plotting in the
> widget.

bitBlt is gone in Qt 4.  You can still use drawPixmap if you've got a QPainter
on a QPixmap though.

But painting is automatically double-buffered now, so this shouldn't buy you
much (in theory).

One thing I forgot, though, is to scroll the already-drawn portion of the
sensor over and just draw the 2 or so pixels which you've uncovered.  I'm not
sure how to get the dashed lines to show up right though.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne