QPrintDialog

Craig Drummond craig at kde.org
Thu Jun 5 19:10:37 BST 2008

On Wednesday 04 Jun 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 May 2008 18:40:52 Craig Drummond wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've noticed 3 inconsistencies in the QPrintDialog used in KDE4:
>
> Were these patches ever applied?
>
> > 1. In apps such as KWrite the print dialog just has the executable name
> > as its title (e.g. "kwrite").  The attached "kdeprintdialog.cpp.diff"
> > fixes this by setting the dialog's caption to be "Print - <AppName>".
> > However, this introduces a new string "Print" - is this OK?

Applied.

> > 2. The "OK/Cancel" buttons do not have icons, even if this option is
> > enabled within the control panel. KStyle could control this via
> > the "SH_DialogButtonBox_ButtonsHaveIcons" style hint option. But can
> > KStyle use KConfig? Or should this setting also be written via QSettings?

Not applied. The problem is if the style does map KDE icons, the OK/Cancel
buttons on the print dialog will have different icons to the rest of KDE (and
they're more GNOME-looking)

> > 3. When printing to file, the QFileDialog is used to select the location.
> > I noticed in qfiledialog.cpp the "_qt_filedialog_save_filename_hook"
> > (etc.) variables, but these are marked as "Internal" (but are still
> > exported). The attached kfiledialog.cpp.diff uses these "Internal"
> > variables to override the Qt file dialog's with KDE ones. Are these safe
> > to use? I assume not, unfortunately, but they are one way to solve the
> > print dialog's file selector problem.

I haven't yet applied this path - but if there are no objections I will. I
looked into putting the file dialog overrides into KApplication - but they
just seemed out of place there.

Craig.