Fixing i18n + global shortcuts

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Thu Jun 5 11:05:00 BST 2008

Am Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2008 schrieb David Faure:
> On Saturday 31 May 2008, Christian Esken wrote:
> > So what is going on now? As far as I see global shortcuts are now completely broken.
> >
> > - If I use "setGlobalShortcutAllowed(true)", I receive a "deprecated" warning, and global shortcuts aren't activated any more.
> > - If I use "enableGlobalShortcut()", I receive an error (‘class KAction’ has no member named ‘enableGlobalShortcut').
>
> As far as I can see from the code, setGlobalShortcut() should be enough to activate it.

Hmm, this method is for *assigning* a global shortcut, so this would  probably activate several hundred global keyboard shortcuts - 1 or 3 for each of the controls of the soundcard(s). At least this is what I read form the KAction documentation:

"When an action, identified by main component name and objectName(), is assigned a global shortcut for the first time on a KDE installation the assignment will be saved."

So I guess this leads to saving several hundred assignments, and restoring them during the start of KDE. I can try, but it sounds pretty bad performance-wise.

   Christian

--
Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
  - Albert Einstein