Itemviews - ScrollPerItem, ScrollPerPixel

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Thu Jun 5 10:53:23 BST 2008

Hi Rafael,

> Hi Peter and all,
>
> > When porting Dolphin to KDE 4.0 I was told that Trolltech hopes that no
> > KListView, KTreeView, ... classes are required anymore because of having
> > QAbstractItemModel and QAbstractItemDelegate.
>
> Well, I don't see the point of this statement :)
>
> We want to add two different kind of scrolling to the user configuration.
> That  belongs to the view, nor the model or the delegate. So, we should apply
> that  configuration to the view.

I fully agree :-) What I wanted to say is (sorry for being unclear): For KDE 4.0 the introduction of KListView, KTreeView, ... classes has been dropped on purpose. If I remember the discussion correctly the introduction of K... counterparts in KDE 3 also resulted in some problems and it has been said that we should not introduce a K... class when the Q... class already provides all the functionality. However I think this decision was wrong in the case of item views.

Regards,
Peter