[FIX] Usability issue on KUrlComboBox

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Sun Jun 1 03:41:49 BST 2008

On Saturday 31 May 2008, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been told by a dolphin user (Alex Fiestas) that he couldn't drag
> from the editable location bar (dragging the icon) to the places sidebar,
> for bookmarking a place (for example), while in Konqueror one can drag from
> that icon.
>
> I would like to know if this patch can be committed, and if it can still go
> into 4.1, since we could consider this a usability fix:
> http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/05/kdelibs-drag.diff

Could you change the patch to make the drag action only happen if the user
moves it a certain number (i.e. 2) pixels in a direction?

Qt includes a constant for the number of pixels and example code, look for
QApplication::startDragDistance.  I don't know if KDE has an equivalent
setting.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne