[kde-artists] Resolving icon naming conflicts

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Sun Jun 1 00:42:38 BST 2008

On Sunday, 1. June 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> as for how to bridge it over to the developers, this is something that
> affects application developers. in one sense it's kind of like writing a
> library 3rd parties depend on: you have to keep compatibility going forward
> so as not to break other people's work that they've already done. so the
> effort towards develpers is probably pretty low, other than to document
> additions as they happen (changes are probably verboten?)

at least until i get alias names into KIconTheme... but for now, yeah, we can
only remove icons where a proper fallback existed from the start.

> > It also doesn't help that the
> > kde artists module doesn't have an official maintainer listed at
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Release_Team#Coordinator_List .
>
> indeed; perhaps you could decide amongst yourselves who that could be and
> add such an entry. note that co-maintainership is fine as well.

yeah, that would probably be worth pondering on the artists list.
though we'll need a good idea how to also include the needs of the non-Oxygen
themes... apart from JRT's discussions, there hasn't been much talk (any?) on
kde-artists people outside Oxygen for quite a while.

--
jakob