Fwd: KDirOperator patchlets

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Sat Jul 26 16:29:26 BST 2008

On Monday, 21. July 2008 23:19:59 Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> Am Montag, 21. Juli 2008 schrieb Rafael Fernández López:
>
> Hiya,
>
> > > I have not tried the patch yet, but it looks good. Maybe Rafael (added
> > > to CC) could give a confirmation too...
>
> [...]
>
> > I don't see a reason of why this patch would be problematic, so from my
> > side it is a '+1'. We will have to see if there are some drawbacks and
> > fix them. Haven't applied it though yet.
>
> thanks for the comments, I just committed to HEAD and 4.1.

Ups, the patch has a sideeffect which I think we all missed: It is not
possible anymore selecting more than one file in e. g. Kate or KWrite.

Reverting commit 836195 from the 4.1 branch brings back the original
functionality.  You write in your mail that included the patch:
"The second thing is that pressing return on the current item does not emit
fileSelected() but fileHighlighted(). I'm wondering if this was an accident
or done on purpose. See attached kdiroperator-fileSelected.patch."

It seems like this has been done on purpose to make it possible selecting more
than one file. May I revert this patch on KDE 4.1 and trunk? Well it will be
too late for 4.1.0 I assume, but it's for sure no showstopper if the fix will
be in 4.1.1...

Cheers,
Peter