GLib/GObject+C as the lingua franca? (was: kwallet and QCA)

Stefan Teleman stefan.teleman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 18:20:43 BST 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> the same can be done with other frameworks. glib isn't magical in this regard.

http://www.gtkmm.org/download.shtml

GLib-2 and Gtk+-2 already have C++ wrappers (and so do pango, atk and cairo).

My question is: instead of to writing OO in C (which has been fondly
described by some as "putting makeup on a pig: the pig doesn't enjoy
it, and the end result is frightening" :-), wouldn't it be more
efficient to use the already existing C++ wrappers ?

Just my  0.02 question.

--Stefan

--
Stefan Teleman