Help with making stuff compile on non-Linux

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Jul 22 21:25:08 BST 2008

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 20:03:36 Sebastian TrĂ¼g wrote:
> I need the attached code to compile for KDE. That means that I need cmake
> checks and windows or mac versions for it. Can someone help me there before
> I commit?

As Thiago points out, also on the "Minority Free Software Operating Systems".
it would help if the code was commented or documented in some way (at all) so
that it would be easier to determine what the Right Way to do whatever it is
doing is. Ugh, that's convoluted :)

Are all three of the functions supposed to be ported, or do you need just one
of them?

I'd need more documentation about the intent of using the syscall interface
there; while I have access to a Mandriva machine, I'd really prefer not to go
reading through system headers.

setpriority(3c) exists on Solaris, with the same semantics (it's a standard
interface).

sched_setscheduler(3rt) exists on Solaris, with the same semantics (it's a
standard interface, apparently). SCHED_BATCH is not a POSIX scheduling policy;
it is not defined in Solaris.

setpriority(2) exists on FreeBSD 6-STABLE. I do not know about 7-STABLE or 8-
CURRENT, but since it's standard I would assume so.

sched_setscheduler(2) exists on FreeBSD 6-STABLE. Same comment for later
version support. Same comment for SCHED_BATCH as for Solaris.

[ade]