Trialing KDE on bzr

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Mon Jul 21 01:25:51 BST 2008

On Sunday 20 July 2008 20:13:00 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 20 July 2008, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 02:13:17PM -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > if the goal would be to switch after 4.3
> >
> > not after, but "immediately" before. otherwise you get a backporting
> > nightmare. same with code reformatting and other big but
> > functionality-wise non-essential changes.
>
> yes, that's a very good point; ok, second try then: if the goal was to
> switch immediately *before 4.3 ... =)

Could we perhaps drop the "immediately" part, though? I would think there is
some risk of VCS related confusion (I certainly had some with git, but then, I
can be ditzy sometimes), and it would be suck to have it close to the release.
Seems like there should be some sort of a happy medium where 4.2.x has already
gotten a couple of releases, but 4.3 would be sort of betaish or so...

-Maks