Trialing KDE on bzr

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jul 21 01:15:02 BST 2008

On Sunday 20 July 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 20 July 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>
> > that said, just as the cmake switch was a smart long term thing which
> > delivered huge short term pain
>
> Come on, it was of course quick and painless. ;-)
> Sorry, SCNR.

hehehe ...

> > (and significantly slowed kde4 development
> > for many of us during that time period),
>
> I think the whole transition period slowed it down, starting with adding

yes; i didn't mean to make it sound like cmake itself was to blame per se, any
sort of infrastructural change of that magnitude will have a cost.

and hopefully we've also learned from the cmake process that trialing several
options simultaneously while keeping the old one around is really, really
difficult and should be avoided.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se