Trialing KDE on bzr

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 18:42:10 BST 2008

On Friday 18 July 2008 18:40:30 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been in touch with the bazaar developers about testing bzr as a DVCS
> for kde. So far I've only seen attempts at using git with KDE, but I'd like
> to see how others fare.

http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/kde(libs|pimlibs|base|pim)
Also useful to get an overview of a changeset.

My current opinion is that no DVCS is worth it as long as it requires us to
split some things up instead of using subdirectories like SVN. Subdirectories
are already set up, easy to use, don't force unnecessary decisions, handle
file moves better and probably have some other advantages over any kind of
split projects.
Not using the file system's capabilities and semantics [they are well-known
and work] is Wrong IMHO.
Unfortunately subdirectory support also seems to be really hard to implement
in DVCSes - maybe one or more will pull it off anyway, we'll see.

--
Flint Paper is insane. I really respect that.