Label Alignment in KDE4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jul 18 22:29:50 BST 2008

On 18.07.08 17:58:08, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >Apparently I was wrong and Maksim right, its just that with Plastique
> >its not so obvious due to little space around the texts. When one
> >increases the line-edit font and leaves the label font its more obvious.
> >So that rules out formlayout, but luckily its anyway just a convenience
> >class as the same can be done with a gridlayout.
> >See the following (top is formlayout, bottom is boxlayout):
> >http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alignoz7.png
>
> QFormLayout obeys the style. If the HIG says something and it isn't being
> done, then check the style.

This sounds as if you didn't even look at the image or read this part of
the thread. The problem is not with the style not obeying the HIG. The
problem is that even though the labels are set to centered layout they
really aren't centered according to the line-edit. This is very visible
with Oxygen, but also Plastique and Cleanlooks when making the line-edit
larger than the label. Also this is specific to how the formlayout puts
the label in relation to the lineedit. As I said the bottom in the above
picture is a hboxlayout which works just fine.

> Or if QFormLayout is incapable, file a bug report.

Going to do that right after this one is out.

Andreas

--
You feel a whole lot more like you do now than you did when you used to.