encoded urls in KUrlNavigator

Sebastian Trüg strueg at mandriva.com
Fri Jul 18 17:52:03 BST 2008

On Friday 18 July 2008 18:27:46 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> >For the nepomuk kio slave I wanted to use URIs as fields and values in
> >queries. However, since URIs contain slashes I need to encode them. The
> >result looks like this:
> >
> >nepomuksearch:/<http%253A%252F%252Fwww.semanticdesktop.org%252Fontologie
> >s%252F2007%252F08%252F15%252Fnao%2523hasTag>:<tags%253A%252FNepomuk>
> >
> >(the query lang uses < > to mark URIs)
> >
> >Now the problem is that this results in an endless loop as
> >KUrlNavigator::setUrl duplicates each %25 to %2525. I cannot determine
> > why. But it seems to happen in the KUrl constructor.
> >
> >However, Konqueror has no problem here, probably because it does not use
> >KUrlNavigator.
> >
> >I do not have enough inside here, so could someone please have a look.
> > Dolphin not being able to handle encoded URLs entered by the user is
> > not that a big deal, but an endless loop is.
>
> Why don't you use the query instead of the path?

that is what I tried a few month ago but that it nearly impossible with kio
because there is no proper distinction between two urls that have the same
path but different queries. Or something like that. In any case, that was not
possible.

> Why do you need to encode the slashes? QUrl will convert them back to real
> slashes.

because otherwise kio will interpret the slashes as path separators instead of
part of the name/query.

Cheers,
Sebastian