Label Alignment in KDE4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jul 18 17:06:06 BST 2008

On 18.07.08 11:45:53, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> > Well, it looks ok here for my eyes using QtCurve style.
>
> It aligns labels to the top of lineedits, not middle (well, ideally it should
> be baseline, but let's not ask too much).
>
> > plastique. If other styles look bad they should be fixed.
>
> It's not a problem with the styles, but with the layout (particularly since
> layoutLabelAlignment doesn't seem to do anything), it's more visible with
> Oxygen, however, because it has wider bevels.

Indeed, that parameter of the layout doesn't change anything. Yet you
can still change the individual labels - at least in designer - and they
default to VCenter, not Top alignment. I'm not seeing a problem here and
my eye's aren't that bad as not seeing a difference between top-aligned
and center aligned labels compared to a lineedit.

Andreas

--
Try to value useful qualities in one who loves you.