encoded urls in KUrlNavigator

Sebastian TrĂ¼g strueg at mandriva.com
Fri Jul 18 16:49:45 BST 2008

For the nepomuk kio slave I wanted to use URIs as fields and values in
queries. However, since URIs contain slashes I need to encode them. The
result looks like this:

nepomuksearch:/<http%253A%252F%252Fwww.semanticdesktop.org%252Fontologies%252F2007%252F08%252F15%252Fnao%2523hasTag>:<tags%253A%252FNepomuk>

(the query lang uses < > to mark URIs)

Now the problem is that this results in an endless loop as
KUrlNavigator::setUrl duplicates each %25 to %2525. I cannot determine why.
But it seems to happen in the KUrl constructor.

However, Konqueror has no problem here, probably because it does not use
KUrlNavigator.

I do not have enough inside here, so could someone please have a look. Dolphin
not being able to handle encoded URLs entered by the user is not that a big
deal, but an endless loop is.

Cheers,
Sebastian