Label Alignment in KDE4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jul 18 10:43:45 BST 2008

On 18.07.08 03:20:12, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 18 July 2008, David Jarvie wrote:
> > This is the problem I have in KAlarm. Most of the dialogs don't seem
> > suitable for the right-aligned label treatment, since there are a lot of
> > check boxes and radio buttons with only some label/widget pairs
> > interspersed. Are there any alignment guidelines for this case?
>
> iirc, checkboxes are supposed to end up like:
>
> Lineedit Label  [                                           ]
>    Check Label  [  ]

Yeap, its a bit awkward though to do this in Qt, as you basically have a
checkbox without any title.

> radio buttons are tricker, with the category on the left and the specific
> options on the right

Looking at the hig you're right, when one uses the alignment rule. In
case the dialog doesn't allow for that a plain groupbox with the radio
buttons inside is ok too.

Andreas

--
You own a dog, but you can only feed a cat.