Smooth scrolling on item views configurable

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 05:59:25 BST 2008

Hi Rafael,

> I mean, an option "Scroll Per Pixel" sounds
> pretty technical, and should be avoided. So, suggestions ?

'Smooth scrolling' I think describes the
QAbstractItemView::ScrollPerPixel effect
quite well.  Perhaps new terminology is needed to describe
the behaviour in Kopete and Konqueror where there is acceleration and
decelleration involved.

The term "Kinetic scrolling" seems to have become popular in tech
circles -
http://www.google.com/search?q=Kinetic+scrolling&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 but
as you can see, there
are very few links to sites aimed at a non-techinical audience there.

In plain English perhaps an option could be worded "Use acceleration
when scrolling <item view>"
where <item view> could be replaced by "contacts list" or "page" or
"document".  Google links this time
around are less developer orientated:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=acceleration+scrolling&btnG=Search

Regards,
Robert.

(Sorry for sending this twice Rafael, forgot to reply to kde-core-devel
first time around)