Consensus on the kdelibs coding style

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Jul 10 09:27:03 BST 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 07:04:45PM -0700, Charles Samuels wrote:
> This floodgate was opened the minute some control freaks decided that
> they should mandate a coding style on volunteers.

this statement is so silly in so many ways, that i won't even bother
refuting it. probably the reason why nobody else answered so far ... ;)

anyway, to make an end to this bikeshedding, i'll call for a vote by the
kde e.v. membership (asking only people who are actually interested in
kdelibs development to vote):

which coding style do you prefer to be applied to "shared" sections of
kdelibs?

1) current style
2) unmodified qt style
3) any strictly defined style
4) lubos' new relaxed style (uh, which variant?)
5) any relaxed style
6) anarchy!

this isn't going to be authoritative for obvious reasons, but it will
give a good image of what relevant people generally think of this issue,
thus hopefully making an end to this waste of time.

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.