script for applying kde coding style

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Jul 10 07:40:55 BST 2008

Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Kdelibs_Coding_Style
> <cid:part1.03070409.01040300 at freenet.de> specifies the kdelibs coding
> style. Based on a request from an umbrello developer who wrote:
>
> A desired style for umbrello can be picked up atleast now .... A unified
> style really improves quality of the code and readability.
>
> I would like to add two scripts to kdesdk/scripts which could be used by
> developers to apply the predefined style:
>
> kde-astyle       - apply kde coding style to all c, cpp and header files
> in and below the current directory   (unix version)
> kde-astyle.bat - apply kde coding style to all c, cpp and header files
> in and below the current directory   (windows version)
>
> Also these scripts should be communicated on techbase as the prefered
> way.
>
> Any objectivities ?
I haven't seen no direct objectivity to my request.

To be more clear I would check in the related scripts using a slightly
differenty name - astyle-kdelibs and astyle-kdelibs.bat to make it clear
which coding style is used. If there are additional styles in the future
they could be added in the same manner.

BTW: umbrello is going to use the kdelibs astyle pattern too
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4874E333.3000100%40hispeed.ch&forum_name=uml-devel

Ralf