[patch] kwalletd timeouts

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Tue Jul 8 15:45:16 BST 2008

Am Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> Michael Leupold wrote:
> >Thus I propose the patch I attached which changes the (client)
> > behaviour: - send the open call to kwalletd
> >- if there's a timeout (dialog still shown on the server!) resend the
> > call As a result the timeouts is completely transparent to both the
> > developer and the user. The dialog requesting the password will stay
> > open as long as the user doesn't enter a password.
> I propose changing both client and server behaviour.
> The call to open the wallet is sent and replied to immediately, indicating
> success in starting the opening. However, kwalletd notifies the caller of
> an open wallet via signal, which the client must listen to.

I agree that this is a lot cleaner. I'll give it a shot but having quite some
stuff to do right now I don't know when I could fit it in. When's the
deadline for getting this into 4.1 (the release schedules mentions tagging of
rc1 tonight and "Only urgent fixes, such as those things fixing compilation
errors") ?

Regards,
Michael