Consensus on the kdelibs coding style

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Jul 7 14:01:16 BST 2008

On Saturday 05 of July 2008, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Saturday 05 July 2008 15:41:23 Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > ===== Coding style proposal =====
>
> (...)
>
> So in a slightly shortened version you want to change the coding style
> which is on techbase in two aspects:

 I was afraid the mail would be too long to understand, and I see I was right.
So, again in a shorter version, the two main aspects I don't like are:
- the fact that we got this "policy" in a way which reminds me of the past
regime in this country - it was done for the people and for their good on
their behalf, it was posted for comments but the only allowed comment was "I
approve", it was the only option, the feedback was ignored and the policy was
simply put up on techbase afterwards and with modifications even though that
wasn't originally allowed, and now history is changing with everybody
pretending like none of that happened and everything was right.
- some tendencies to be pedantic about every single detail of the policy.

 I don't like the policy itself, that's true, but compared to this, I couldn't
care less.

> So I don't think there is much point in discussing the style once again. We

 Discussing is when you listed to the other side. The style has been
monologued.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz