Software engineering in KDE

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Jul 6 04:49:48 BST 2008

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>On Wednesday 02 July 2008, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
>> >
>> > With more expected to follow.
>>
>> I have FreeBSD 6 + FreeBSD 7 gcc and Solaris S10, S11, SPARC, amd64
>> lined up to start building, but there's issues remaining before those
>> can be done regularly (or at all: dependencies and stuff on FreeBSD,
>> not to menton the unit tests hang,
>
>Of course the right thing is to fix the tests, maybe setting smaller
> timeouts for the tests (like 1 minute or so) would be a first step to
> make it feasible for now.

Qt's internal tests are run for 5 minutes. If they don't finish running by
then, the test runner sends a SIGTERM and, a minute later, a SIGKILL.

Unfortunately, we've found that some of the tests manage to hang on some
of the machines and they seem to resist even SIGKILL.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358