Software engineering in KDE

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Jul 1 22:34:31 BST 2008

Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> Bill Hoffman schrieb:
>> But, only 12 builds have been submitted so far.  :(
>
> With more expected to follow.
Great!

> I for myself experienced some problems - I still cannot find a good help
What problems did you encounter?   You can send questions to me or to
the cdash mailing list:

>  + I wonder if it would be possible to implement some overview about the
> build errors like this: http://developer.kde.org/~dirk/dashboard.html

There is this:

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/buildOverview.php?project=VTK&date=

But please feel free to put feature requests into the CDash bug tracker.
  There is a report problems link at the bottom of each page on the
dashboard.

> On the other hand it should be possible to get some more people working
> on that.

That would be great.  Let me know how I can help.  For CMake, I have
some standard ctest scripts that can be used to build and submit a
dashboard for CMake.   I ask people to setup a cronjob and run them.  If
you minimize the amount of work that has to be done, it helps get more
people to volunteer client machines to run builds.

-Bill

--
Bill Hoffman
Kitware, Inc.