kded4 crash: favicons

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jul 1 09:28:49 BST 2008

On Tuesday 01 July 2008, Sergey Saukh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes, he did.
>
> After 1,5 month he did actually what I was talking about (I've patched my
> local copy the same way right after my first mail about this subject), but
> since there was no answer on that mail, I thought I was wrong in some way.

I didn't see that mail, where was it? kde-devel? I have no time to read kde-devel, unfortunately.
(I'm subscribed to it so I can read a mail when someone points me to it, but other than
that, it has 3809 unread mails right now...)

> On Tuesday 01 July 2008 05:55:12 Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Tuesday 06 May 2008 23:54:35 Sergey Saukh wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Further investigation:
> > >
> > > If I understand it  right, "data" signal can be emitted by KIO::Job
> > > (TransferJob) several times, until all data is received. So why there is
> > > explisit job removal if previously received data size exceeds 0x10000
> > > (65k)?
> > >
> > > I think it's generally not a good idea to call "delete" on job, while it
> > > still active, may be calling "putOnHold" method of a job is a more
> > > cleaner solution?

kill() is the right way :) It kills the slave, so the data emission stops.