qt-copy patch 0180

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Jan 30 09:18:37 GMT 2008

On st 30. ledna 2008, Richard Moore wrote:
> On 1/29/08, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz> wrote:
> > right) any use of scripting in Plasma will make it abort when any of
> > x,y,z in
>
> I don't follow you - please explain how this affects scripting so I
> can code around it. Are you simply saying that this bug in QUiLoader
> introduces the problem?

 QUiLoader uses QObjectPrivate and it is in a static library, so it gets
pulled into libplasma binary. Qt changes, QObjectPrivate changes, it doesn't
match what's in libplasma -> abort.

 I'm not familiar with that part of Plasma at all, but since QUiLoader is for

> If so I guess the fix is to make our own
> version of that class.

 I take back that part about it being hard to fix. I was already too tired in
the evening and after trying to find a hack for the #0180 patch without
changing QObjectPrivate I failed to see the simple solution when it turned
out that QObjectPrivate is still meant to be private. I'll make a qt-copy
patch for removing the QUiLoader dependency on QObjectPrivate.

 That also means that there is no problem with patch #0180 and has never been.
If it causes problems again somewhen, it'll mean something else in Qt is
broken. One obviously cannot mix different parts of Qt from different builds,
but that's a bad idea anyway.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz